We're OPEN & Here to Assist You
COVID-19 Protocols for Real Estate Services at Better Living Real Estate®
Updated May 28, 2021 by Better Living Real Estate®
Although the infection rates are no longer at their pandemic peak, COVID-19 is still a disease that is contagious and can affect you and others. Better Living Real Estate® is currently operating our business based on guidance from the National and State Realtor® Associations, The Center for Disease Control (CDC), State Guidance and Municipal Regulations for the community where the property is located.
Better Living Real Estate® provides these COVID-19 Protocols for Real Estate Services to inform you of our measures to address ongoing concerns of homeowners, visitors and real estate professionals as it pertains to being courteous, respectful and keeping real estate a healthy and safe experience for all parties.
Showing or Viewing a Property
Whether you are a buyer or seller, it is normal real estate practice to have qualified buyers make private showing requests and schedule individual visits to a property for sale. Better Living Real Estate® recommends to schedule showings (a.k.a. viewing a property by a financially qualified buyer) by appointment. Alternatively, you may view a Better Living Real Estate® listing at an open house if one is being offered by the seller’s agent. Better Living Real Estate® provides MLS Showing Instructions and will answer your questions by contacting the seller’s agent directly.
Please review the information below with all parties interacting with real estate:
- If a Buyer is represented by a BUYER AGENT, the BUYER'S AGENT is REQUIRED to be present at all scheduled showings, except for open houses.
- If you are a BUYER AGENT, you are NOT ALLOWED to share lock box codes with anyone. It is a VIOLATION of MLS Rules & Regulations to share lock box codes or provide access to an MLS listing directly to a buyer. YOU are responsible and REQUIRED to protect the security of the property both during an after your MLS SHOWING. NEVER share lock box information or codes.
- Viewing a property in person is the preferred method, however Virtual Showings and Live Virtual Walk-throughs are available through Better Living Real Estate®. Your Better Living Real Estate® Associate can schedule an appointment to walk through and show you a property using video conferencing software including Google Meet, or other video meeting software if necessary.
- If a buyer, seller or occupant of a home or building is sick or not feeling well, we recommend that you do not show or view that property at that time.
- Do not bring food or drinks into a property.
- COVID-19 recommendations may change from time to time. At this time, wearing of masks when entering a house it typically based on the seller's preference or their real estate agent's policy. As advised by the CDC, state and municipal governments we recommend that unvaccinated people wear masks as a courtesy to others and to protect themselves.
- Better Living Real Estate® is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all Fair Housing Laws.
Scheduling a time to View Homes For Sale - in person or virtually
For Buyers: Please let your Better Living Real Estate® Associate know the properties you’re interested in viewing as well as the days and time that are convenient for you to visit. Your Better Living Real Estate® Associate will professionally arrange to show you those available properties. If you are not feeling well or are quarantined, virtual showings and live virtual walk-through tours are available upon request. Although Better Living Real Estate® publishes these COVID-19 protocols, individual sellers may request additional protocols for their home or property. Buyers should be courteous and respect each seller’s individual requests.
For Sellers: Discuss the specific times that are convenient for you to allow your Better Living Real Estate® Associate to show your property. Better Living Real Estate® will arrange a showing schedule that works for you, and provide showing/viewing information to buyers and the buyers’ agents. Although Better Living Real Estate® publishes these COVID-19 protocols, individual sellers have the right to request additional or alternative protocols for your home or property.
Hosting and Attending Open Houses
Open Houses are a convenient way for sellers to expose their home to a greater number of consumers at a specific and predetermined time. Traditionally, open houses are an opportunity to introduce a property to the market, drive higher initial consumer traffic and solicit offers. Buyers and sellers are used to scheduling their weekends around the open house schedules advertised by real estate agents. However, open houses are not necessary to sell a house.
Open Houses have been held during cold and flu seasons in the past and have been conducted during the COVID-19 pandemic with much success. Better Living Real Estate® respects our client’s decisions and when it comes to whether or not to host an open house. Better Living Real Estate® also monitors government agencies, Realtor® Associations and health professionals' advice with concern over COVID-19. Better Living Real Estate® adjusts our policy and protocols from time to time to comply with CDC guidelines, state and municipal regulations.
For our seller clients, we ask that you speak with your professionally trained Better Living Real Estate® Associate about how to best expose your property to interested buyers. If an open house is desired, we recommend these minimum protocols are followed:
- Sellers should turn all lights on, open all closes, bedrooms, bathrooms and basement doors so as to reduce a visitor’s need to touch surfaces and search for light switches.
- The seller should clean and sanitize the home to the best of their ability prior to the open house.
- The open house may be held for several hours, allowing for interested buyers to enter the home safely and according to the most up to date Better Living Real Estate® protocols. Better Living Real Estate® has developed specific OPEN HOUSE REGISTRATION SOFTWARE that we recommend our Better Living Real Estate® Associates utilize to organize and manage the open house. Better Living Real Estate® SOFTWARE requires ALL VISITORS electronically register to ensure that we have accurate information prior to allowing visitors to view a property at an open house. Once registered, visitors automatically are emailed an electronic brochure about your property.
- If parties are waiting to enter the home, they will be allowed to view the exterior of the property while waiting.
- Better Living Real Estate® Open House Registration Management software has been specifically developed to allow your Better Living Real Estate® professional to manage and coordinate open house access in a customer friendly way that registers all visitors for safety, while providing visitors an electronic brochure and information about your property via email once registered.
When is the best time to list your property for sale?
With over three decades of experience in real estate and having navigated several tragic economic events in our country’s recent history, Better Living Real Estate® is your best guide to listing your home for sale. EXPERIENCE MATTERS, and we deliver this to every one of our clients.
Better Living Real Estate® has sensible and time tested business systems. Our professional real estate practices allow sellers the confidence to make the best decisions with their important sale. We’ll help you determine the best time and overall sales plan to maximize your real estate opportunities. Your real estate "move plan" is supported by our team of local experts.
Based on current market conditions, we believe that listing your real estate for sale now presents a unique and good opportunity to showcase your property to interested buyers. Financially prequalified buyers are taking advantage of historically low mortgage interest rates and are ready to transact now. With limited inventory of properties for sale, listing now will make your property STAND OUT.
Will my house sell if I choose not to have an open house?
The short answer is “YES.” When you prepare your home in the way recommended by your Better Living Real Estate® Associate, we will advertise and expose your home to all buyers who are looking to purchase in your community and price range. We will schedule individual showings with interested and prequalified buyers on a one to one basis. This still provides great access to your property and allows buyers to view and submit offers in a normal and consistent process that has been traditionally used by Better Living Real Estate®. All offers and contracts are signed using Electronic Signature Software provided by Better Living Real Estate® for your further safety.
We are not health experts, but we are marketing experts. Selling your property now may provide you with a great opportunity to attract interested buyers during a market with less competition. This makes your property STAND OUT, and can possibly earn you a higher overall sale price.
Whether selling or buying, trust the real estate experts at Better Living Real Estate® to make your real estate transaction a well managed process and experience.
Health Guidance Information
- CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/covid19
- National Association of Realtors: https://www.nar.realtor/coronavirus-a-guide-for-realtors
Where our policies may become outdated or in conflict with new or updated government response and guidance for the health and safety of the general public, Better Living Real Estate® advises all clients, consumers and real estate licensees to follow government guidelines. Better Living Real Estate® may update or amend our COVID-19 Protocols from time to time to comply with best practices, industry and REALTOR Association guidelines, government regulations or guidelines, and recommendations from health experts including The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).